Update from the President and Committee - 26th March 2020
Well who would have thought that this month the main topic of conversation would be Coronavirus COVID19??!! Last month we were talking with enthusiasm about all the trips going out. This month we are talking about deferring and cancelling activities and events.
The committee held its March meeting as a teleconference to reduce our collective exposures.
Warren and Sheryl Tedford have taken an exciting lifestyle decision to uproot from Geelong and travel initially before pursuing a "working holiday". Both of them have been key members of this club for many years and have made a major contribution during this time. They have now resigned from the committee but will continue as members of the club. We hope to find a suitable time for a social event to say goodbye. We thank them for all of their service to the club and wish them all the best for their travels.
Allie Hamann will take over as Editor with assistance from Danny Sparks-Cousins, however this month there will not be a magazine which is the reason for this update.
Allie will also fill the Secretary role for now, but this may not be sustainable. Any member who feels they could help with this role would be welcomed. A big thank you to Allie for this.
The situation with the corona virus has progressed rapidly and it is difficult to predict what new restrictions will be required by the State and Federal Governments and how long this situation will last. As you will be aware, parks and camp grounds have been closed, so at this stage it is not possible to run any trips. The committee will continue to monitor the situation and communicate through email, Facebook and the next newsletter.
As things stand:
- The April General Meeting is cancelled.
- The Beachport Easter trip is cancelled.
- No other trips can go out at this time.
- Moonambel will depend on the lifting of restrictions but we remain hopeful.
- AGM will also be monitored, but may be deferred.
On a positive side the committee has endorsed the review of our "Rules of Association". These will now be posted on the Club website for review and input from all members. If you wish to provide feedback or clarification, please contact myself or Geoff Davey. It is hoped these can receive final approval by the club membership at the AGM.
We hope this helps with an overview of where the Club is placed during this difficult time. If you have any questions or require further information, please contact any one of the committee.
Stay well. Byron Willey (President) on behalf of the Committee.